środa, 20 marca 2013

A sunny afternoon full of work

           A few days before my holidays I called Mr. Bohdan asking if he would like to devote some of his time in order to help me using his experience and expertise with regard to faulty electrical wiring. I had to do that, because this case was still on my mind and I wanted to resolve it once and for all.
           When I came back from holidays I dived into an endless whirl of work, sleeping off a jet lag and after that - tiredness. Then I had to enjoy some sweet laziness due to EURO 2012 successfully taking all my afternoons and evenings. At this point of time I received an unexpected and totally fantastic gift from Adam, who must have sensed or correctly predicted a drop in my motivation and gave me a needed push back that put me on the right track. 
           I arranged a meeting with Mr. Bohdan on Saturday when Poland was playing with Czech Republic. We spent a few hours in the afternoon together performing verious tasks. First of all, we decided to blow the air in the left rear wheel up as it had been escaping since the change of tires. In the process we discovered that there is a problem with the cigarette lighter that didn't work not allowing us to use an electronic device to deal with the flat tire. Thus, I had to a good exercise for my muscles. We also checked the engine as some problems had been previously noticed. When removing first 2 spark-plugs a drop in performance could be noticed (correct response), while there was no change after removal of the other 2. We replaced them with new ones and everything was OK after that. Our next steps involved spraying all the plugs with a special agent and then we started analyzing my previous efforts. It turned out that my assumption with regard to the correct grounding was fairly correct, but I should have found a better place to attach the cable to... A screw with a nut were more than perfect for this task and the rear lights stopped flashing once and for all! ;). However, a short circuit appeared preventing the left turn signal from flashing. Quick observation indicated that the culprit is the front left turn signal located on the bumper. How did we know about that? Well, he was the only not having the adequate spark, spark of life - let me say :-). A careful examination showed a strong adhesion of the metal part of the light bulb with the lamp casing, which prevented proper operation of the turn signals. I had to do some serious scraping with a knife in order to get rid of all the rust, I used the special agent and voila! Mr. Bohdan said that if on one side of the car there had been such a problem there were good chances that we would encounter a similar one on the other side. So we did check it and it was a lot worse :-). After a lot of effort from my side I was able to deal with it and everything worked as it should! Great feeling!
           When the afternoon was coming to an end I asked Mr. Bohdan to do a mini technical validation before the real one. We did some state of the art work by placing black sticker on a crashed putty that was coming away pretty badly. It was quite a funny way to fix things, but a man has to do what a man has to do, right? :-). As the match against Czech Republic was inexorably approaching I had to say goodbye and leave the rest of work for later. I cordially thanked Mr. Bohdan for his help and support and I know we really enjoyed that afternoon. So did I! :-)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz